Special Guest Now Available for Interviews About This Topic.
ARIZONA MAN SENTENCED TO JAIL TERM FOR HOME BIBLE STUDY
SPECIAL GUEST: Carl Gallups: Pastor, Author, and Christian Media Icon Defends American’s Rights in this breaking story
TOPIC: Hosting a Bible Study at home? You may have jail time to look forward to.
Carl Gallups is the person we need to look to when it comes to exposing this shocking and rather threatening story regarding one of this country’s most recent attacks on religious freedom of expression, wherein the city of Phoenix shut down a home bible study, and its host facing a jail term.
Despite this story sounding almost unbelievable and ridiculous, it is as true as the day is long. Christians study the Bible to help escape the eternal flames of Hell. However, the City Prosecutor in Phoenix, AZ has her own idea when it comes to protecting Christians from the flames.
In a recent article posted on the Fox News website, The City Prosecutor for Phoenix that the violations have nothing to do with religious freedom — and everything to do with public safety: “It came down to zoning and proper permitting,” said Vicki Hill, the chief assistant city prosecutor. “Any time you are holding a gathering of people continuously as he does — we have concerns about people being able to exit the facility properly in case there is a fire — and that’s really all this comes down to.”
Sorry Ms. Hill, but we are holding Bible Studies for exactly that reason, to stay out of the eternal fires of Hell. Tell me, can it get any stranger? Carl Gallups has the answer to this seemingly redundant question.
This is truly a story that has far reaching implications for all Americans who hold religious beliefs and expect that the founding principal of this nation, the freedom of religion, be respected. Michael Salman, an ordained pastor with the Church of God in Christ and holds a Biblical degree from Western Theological Seminary was found guilty in the City of Phoenix Court of 67 code violations. He was sentenced to 60 days in jail along with three years’ probation and a $12,180 fine.
Michael Salman could be jailed as early as next week unless the U.S. Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals grants an emergency injunction. Salman was quoted in several news stories about this situation telling reporters that “They’re cracking down on religious activities and religious use." “They’re attacking what I as a Christian do in the privacy of my home.” Carl Gallups can clarify these intertwined religious and civil freedoms for your audiences as this story has deep implications across our nation.
“If I had people coming to my home on a regular basis for poker night or Monday Night Football, it would be permitted,” Salman said. “But when someone says to us we are not allowed to gather because of religious purposes – that is when you have discrimination.”
Do not miss this opportunity to have an in-depth investigation of this developing story for your program audiences. This is a story you can help place in the minds of Americans nationwide.
On July 9, Michael Salman, the pastor from Phoenix who was fined and sentenced to jail for holding Bible studies in his home, started his 60-day jail sentence at 10 a.m. Salman asked for prayers as he left his wife and six kids to report to Maricopa County Jail.
FOR ADDITIONAL RESEARCH ON THIS STORY:
Watch Carl Gallups on TBN Praise the Lord, world's largest Christian network:
2 minute clip: http://youtu.be/prbpa7Ef-Pw
20 minute clips: http://youtu.be/11IcA0BzKzo
For a wide variety of Carl’s clips go to: Carl's Web Site
ABOUT CARL GALLUPS…
Carl Gallups is a Christian Media Icon who's voice, face, and commentary are known by many millions around the world. He is the author of the #1 Best Seller (Amazon) THE MAGIC MAN IN THE SKY: Effectively Defending The Christian Faith - rave reviewed by The Washington Times "A must-read book!"
Carl is a 25-year Senior Pastor of a large Baptist Church on the Gulf Coast and a 10-year veteran host of conservative talk radio. Carl is also a former Florida law enforcement Officer with experience as a decorated Deputy Sheriff in two different counties and a career with the Florida Department of Corrections. Carl is a longtime member of the Board of Regents with the University of Mobile in Mobile, Alabama. Carl is the founder of the world famous and viral Youtube God and Country – Biblical Apologetics channel – PPSIMMONS. The channel, in just a few short years, has amassed over 23 million views and 20,000 subscribers. Carl is a highly sought after Tea Party speaker – having spoken to groups from Dallas, Texas to Dayton Beach, Florida and in four different states. Carl is also a nationally recognized expert commentator - speaker on the Birther Controversy.Carl will deliver one of the most entertaining, informative and passionate talk show performances that you will ever experience. Book him today!
Interviewer talking-points and questions about Carl’s book…
1. What is the significance of the title?
2. The very first chapter is extremely unique and intriguing – tell us about it.
3. What sets your book apart from other apologetic books?
4. You claim your book irrefutably proves the existence of God. How can that be?
5. Your book claims that evolution is not really a settled scientific fact. Most of the scientific world would disagree with you. How do you reconcile this disagreement?
6. One section of the book deals with end time prophecies. Do you really think we are living in the end times?
7. You spend quite a bit of time talking about the importance of worldviews. Tell us what you mean by worldview and why is a person’s worldview so important and how does it affect life and culture?
8. Your book contains three or four illustrations of how two physical realities can exist side-by-side with one not knowing that the other exists. You say God is a reality and we are a reality yet we cannot see God in the same way that we see each other. Can you explain what you mean by this?
9. What is the greatest truth and/or revelation of the book?
10. In the book you speak of the difference between “truth” and “TRUE TRUTH”-- What do you mean by that?
11. If Jesus is the ONLY way - then what about all people who have never heard?
12. Why is there so much pain, suffering and evil in the world if a loving God exists?
13. You say there are many conundrums of evolution teaching - what do you mean by that?
14. Is there anything I missed that you would like to cover before we finish?
More info at Carl’s web sites: http://www.carlgallups.com/magicman and